We provide Life Group notes every week (except the last week of the month) for leaders/hosts to download and review before leading their groups.
Title: Liberated From The Grip of Fear
Icebreaker: On a scale of 1(play it safe) to 10 (daredevil), how would you rate yourself as a risk taker?
Read Matthew 14:22-33
- When the disciples saw someone walking on the water, what was their reaction? How would you have reacted?
- How did Jesus try to calm the disciples’ fear?
- Why did Peter get out of the boat? What can we learn from Peter’s response to Jesus?
- Why did Peter sink? How was he saved?
- Read James 1:2-4. What relationship is there between risk-taking and faith?
- How are you at “stepping out of the boat” and taking risks?
- What is the biggest risk that you have ever taken for Jesus?
- Where do you feel God is leading you to get out of the boat now?
- What might keep you in the boat or cause you to sink?
Pray for the upcoming Christmas events (Dec 7th Gala) and Christmas Grand Service (Dec 20th & 21st).