We provide Life Group notes every week (except the last week of the month) for leaders/hosts to download and review before leading their groups. You can either print off this page or download the notes in PDF version.
The New You – New Attitude
Read Psalm 131
Icebreaker: What household chore is your least favourite to do? Are there any that you actually enjoy?
Read Philippians 2:1-11
- Reading between the lines, what do you think was wrong with the church in Philippi (v.2)?
- How does a person’s attitude (or like-mindedness) affect the level of unity in their work or home environment?
- What does it mean to consider someone “better than yourself” (v.3)?
- How does humility differ from being a doormat?
- Who comes to mind as someone that truly put the interests of others ahead of their own interests (v.4)?
- How do these verses challenge society’s definition of success?
- What do you think if was like for Jesus to leave heaven and become human (vv.5-8)?
- What would be the hardest for you to give up in order to adopt Christ’s attitude?
- Your natural status (persecution by friends or family)
- Your social status (persecution by society or workplace)
- Your legal status (persecution by government)
What is one specific way you can imitate Christ’s humility this coming week?
Save the date – 20th Anniversary Service (Sep 14th, 2014 10:30am at QE Theatre)