We provide Life Group notes every week (except the last week of the month) for leaders/hosts to download and review before leading their groups.
Title: Peace – More Than A Symbol
Icebreaker: Where is a “peaceful” place that you usually go to as a getaway?
Read Judges 7:1-25
- Why did God want to reduce the size of Gideon’s army (v.2)?
- Why did God ask those with fear to turn back (v.3)?
- Why did God ask those lapping water to turn back (vv.5-6)?
- As Gideon, how would you feel when God says, “You have too many men. Send them home.” What was God trying to teach Gideon?
- When do you think Gideon found peace? How?
- In your life, when has God used one of your weaknesses or failures to help someone else?
- How does this story relate to your life?
- How can we find peace in the midst of our battles? Read Isaiah 26:3
- Where are you feeling outnumbered or needing immediate intervention from God?
Pray for friends and family that you can invite to the Christmas Grand Service (Dec 20th & 21st)