We provide Life Group notes every week (except the last week of the month) for leaders/hosts to download and review before leading their groups. You can either print off this page or download the notes in PDF version.
Download this week’s notes in PDF format.
This Week: Understand Your Enemy
Read Psalm 124
Icebreaker: If you could be a world champion of one event, what would it be?
Read 1 Peter 5:8. Jesus is the champion who rescued us from being under the authority of Satan. And since our enemy still lurks about, we must understand his strategy against us.
1. How does Satan use trauma (past pain and suffering) against us?
2. What are some examples of occult involvement that may draw demonic attention to an individual?
3. Have you ever experienced or participated in conscious acts of inviting contact with an evil spirit? (e.g. How does a Christian respond to fortune tellers or horoscopes?)
4. What effect does family line or generational beliefs have on our own spiritual being?
5. What type of sinful lifestyle have you had to let go of since becoming a Christian?
6. Has the enemy ever used one of these methods against you? How?
a. Attacking your mind and attempting to control it.
b. Use deception and lies to keep us from discovering who we are.
c. Repeatedly plant thoughts that bring fear and confusion.
7. Which of the following responses have you to resist the devil’s attacks?
a. Guarding your mind (2 Cor. 10:5)
b. Staying in fellowship with God and other believers (Matt. 18:20)
c. Resisting Satan and his lies (James 4:7-8)
d. Calling on the name of the Lord (Mark 16:17a)
8. Which of the above do you need to implement or practice more regularly in your personal life?
Pray for the launch of the Son Of God movie and plan an outing with your group to catch a showing on opening weekend (Feb 28) if possible.