We provide Life Group notes every week (except the last week of the month) for leaders/hosts to download and review before leading their groups. You can either print off this page or download the notes in PDF version. You can also submit a Life Group report.
This Week: Called To Generosity
Download this week’s notes: Called To Generosity
Watch this week’s Life Group Video (password provided by Pastor James):
Call To Generosity
Play teaching video by LifeChurch.tv (download here or follow the link above to stream online!)
Icebreaker: Think for a moment about your possessions. What is the one thing you own that holds the most value to you personally?
Read Luke 6:37-38
1. Describe a time when you have benefitted from another person’s generosity. How did this person’s generosity make you feel?
2. At what times or in what situations do you feel it’s easier for you to be generous? At what times can it be difficult?
Read Psalm 112:5 and Acts 20:35
3. Which resources (time, finances, possessions, your home, etc.) are you currently being generous with? Which resources could you be more generous with?
4. What kind of impact do you think it will have on others as they see us become more generous and give beyond what we can afford?
Read Proverbs 11:25
5. Is it easier to be generous to strangers or to those we know such as our family, friends, or Life Group? Why?
6. How will you personally answer Christ’s call to be generous beyond what you can afford? How will you answer this call as a group?
Memorize the verses of the week:
“But just as you excel in everything – in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us – see that you also excel in this grace of giving.” - 2 Corinthians 8:7 (NIV)