We provide Life Group notes every week (except the last week of the month) for leaders/hosts to download and review before leading their groups.
Sure, we want to follow Jesus, but where is he leading? What is the payoff to following him? Is it being a better person? Is it life in Heaven after we die? Is it a pain-free life?
If you follow Jesus, you will be a better person. If you follow him, you will go to Heaven. If you follow him, you won’t have a pain-free life. But that’s okay because Jesus offers much more—a faith so strong it frees us from fear.
Watch “Video 3: Fearless” (39mins):
- Did you come to faith in Jesus as a child? Teenager? Young adult? Adult? Did you face any challenges or persecution from family because of your Christian faith?
- What circumstances, consequences, or possibilities do you fear? How does that fear limit your choices in life?
- Think about a time when you felt close to God. Were your circumstances at that time good or bad? How did those circumstances, good or bad, influence your relationship with God?
- Have you ever met someone who was choosing to trust God through difficult circumstances? What impressed you about that person? Can you imagine yourself having a faith like that? Why or why not?
- What circumstances do you face right now that you need to entrust to God? What worries are you struggling with that you need to entrust to God? What can this group do to support you?
Begin to pray for friends and family members that you could invite to Christmas events this December:
- Dec 7 – Christmas Gala (Westin Bayshore – 5:30pm)
- Dec 20 & 21 – Christmas Grand Service (QE Theatre – Sat 7pm & Sun 10:30am)
- Dec 24 – Christmas Eve Candlelight Service (Coastal Church – 4pm, 5:30pm & 7pm)