We provide Life Group notes every week (except the last week of the month) for leaders/hosts to download and review before leading their groups.
The New You – New Confidence
Read Psalm 16
Icebreaker: What is one skill that you think you are pretty good at?
Read Philippians 3:1-11
- How would you define self-confidence as opposed to overconfidence?
- What things cause you to lose confidence?
- Read Philippians 3:3; Romans 2:28,29; and Acts 7:51. What things characterize those who are circumcised in the heart?
- What personal achievements did Paul draw attention to? What parallels do you notice in your life?
- Paul said in verse 9 that he “suffered the loss of all things” to gain Christ. What things have you had to lose to gain Christ?
- Has there been a time in your life when, like David, your God confidence helped you to win the battle?
- What area in your life could you use God’s confidence to overcome at this moment?
- What would be the hardest for you to give up in order to adopt Christ’s attitude?
Pray for Christian communities that are being persecuted around the world.
Save the date – 20th Anniversary Service (Sep 14th, 2014 10:30am at QE Theatre)