If you are interested in joining a group, please speak to a member of our Connect Team following each of the weekend services. We will review your preferences for meeting location and time, and suggest one or more group option(s) for you to visit.
If you are unable to speak with a member of the Connect Team at the weekend services, please send your questions to Pastor James at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where are the life group meetings?
Most of the groups meet in homes which are located all over the Lower Mainland so there is usually one that is close to you. Most “home” groups meet during the evening/weeknight and Saturdays as well. There are also several lunch hour groups that meet in office locations during the week for those that work in the downtown area.
Browse Groups by Location
What else do I need to know?
Here are a few other tips to keep in mind before and during your visit:
1. Bring a Bible and pen.
2. Be willing to participate by bringing refreshments, helping with the clean up or planning group events.
3. Be sensitive to the host home. Every house has certain “house rules”. For example in some homes you need to take off your shoes and in others you don’t. If you’re not sure ask.
4. If you cannot make it to a meeting, please let your leader know out of courtesy.
5. Come with a heart to serve and learn.
6. Be sensitive to the start and finishing time. Home groups should last about 90 minutes. Many hosts have to prepare yet to work the next day. It is best to arrive on time and leave on time.
7. Avoid bringing controversial questions or issues into the group. The leaders are not pastors or counselors, they are volunteers who faithfully follow Christ and will pray for you. If you have a difficult question or situation, share it with the leader and they can have a ministerial staff member get in touch with you.
8. There is never any room for foul language, alcohol or drugs, sexual advances or abusive behavior.
9. Pray for your life group leader and the host.
10. Remember building relationships takes time. If you try a group for a few weeks and it doesn’t seem to fit please contact the church office and we will help you find another group.
Can I host or lead a life group?
A healthy group is one that grows and therefore we are always looking for new leaders and hosts as the groups multiply. If you are interested in hosting or leading a group, please contact James Fam (Small Group Minister) at email@example.com to discuss further.